Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Stranded

I walked till my feet hurt.

Away from the holler of the crowd.

Away from the sound on the asphalt.

Away from the call of my friends.

I walked away till I hurt my feet.

Panting, praying, wishing life was a lil’ fair.

There’s no one to hold me back this time, for no one knows what’s on my mind.

I don’t blame them, its time they lived their lives.

I see darkness ahead…down that road, spreading its branches in the wild.

I don’t feel lonely anymore for I have been alone for a while.

I walked into the shadows, unmindful of the glare.

I walk away with only a glance to spare.

Life has become languid around me.

I seek laughter; I seek joy,

I search for calmness more than the other delights.

I seek Men of honor, Men who are not vile

Men who rise above their ashes to be someone more sublime.

I walk away thinking, yet nothing’s on my mind.

I come to a stop. I am stranded. I now search for my mind.

Though, I am not a accomplished thinker like one and all.

There are times when Life strikes me odd.

The obvious doesn’t appeal to me anymore, I search in earnest awhile.

It is not about what I have, but about the things I could.

I walk away thinking what if…for once I could reach out in pursuit.

I’m stranded!

I’m afraid but I never let it show,

It scares me most to let the world know.

In desperation I look for a friendly smile.

I know what’s in store for me; if I walk back a mile,

I stop to wonder

I don’t stop to pray.

Some call me foolhardy but that’s ok.

And so, I square my shoulders, and look straight,

For it’s still not time to give it all away.

I start walking again.

My feet still hurt.

Away from everything…

For I have a lesson to learn!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

read and re-read..
still.... nt mch wiser :(
bt yup!
quite a piec of rytin thre....ms.Stranded !!

inscrutable-indian said...

like i said...jus channeling my morbidness...

Rini said...

feels like ur depressed...nut still ver well written...frm the heart...

Beyond said...

i walked till i can